PAGCOR, the Philippines Amusement and Gaming Corporation, is being accused of corruption after Pastor Boy Saycon turned over evidence to the country’s Department of Justice.
If Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte is convinced former PAGCOR officials involved in graft, he’ll likely pursue the ousted gaming officials towards the extent that is fullest regarding the legislation ( or maybe a bit more).
Saycon is no ordained leader that is religious but the secretary-general of the Council of Philippine Affairs. He’s reportedly provided documents to Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre that shows PAGCOR engaging in bribery as well as other unlawful practices. The allegations stem from before President Rodrigo Duterte took office.
Though Aguirre let news outlets in the Southeast Asian country understand he refused to name names in the report or expand on the potential crimes that he indeed had been delivered documents detailing potential illicit activity. ‘I will nevertheless have to study the documents,’ Aguirre explained.
However, based on the Philippine frequent Inquirer, high-level officials within the administration that is prior to precisely disclose efforts and expenditures.
PAGCOR is a federal agency that is beneath the president’s oversight. Upon taking control of the united states in July, Duterte replaced the board that is five-member his own appointees.
PAGCOR operates its very own state-run casinos and slot machine groups in major towns and cities through the entire Philippines. Though Duterte began their management by announcing an all-out war on illegal drugs and gambling, as well as licensed internet gambling operator PhilWeb, he’s now instructed PAGCOR to help make the country a premier gaming and entertainment destination in Southeast Asia by 2020.
However the president that is controversial who is been accused of violating human being rights for his ‘death squad’ law enforcement and ‘shoot first, ask questions later’ approach, Duterte remains focused on eliminating corruption. That doesn’t bode well for whoever might be named into the PAGCOR investigation.
Last fall, the elected president opened up a corruption texting hotline. But just what seemed like a cause that is noble having a Duterte twist: the complaints, regardless of their merit, are aired on a government-run general public access television station for several to read.
‘All you need to do is text what office, whether neighborhood or nationwide, who’s the state causing the (crime),’ Duterte explained fall that is last. ‘ There is no presssing problem against me with regard to graft and corruption. Women, yes, but money, no.’
Penalties for public officials engaging in corruption are severe within the Philippines. A host of charges come with imprisonment sentences of up to 10 years each.
Pastor Boy Saycon is a longtime operative that is political has worked on various campaigns and issues.
Today, the 66-year-old is reportedly one of Duterte’s closest allies, and is working to uncover corruption that the president therefore dearly wishes to destroy.
Saycon came into Duterte’s favor whenever he produced allegations of voter fraudulence during last May’s election. The secretary-general said he was told by a witness 200,000 votes in the Quezon Province were counted for Liberal Party candidate Mar Roxas rather of properly recorded for the newly elected president.
The fraud that is allegedn’t impact Duterte’s landslide victory. He received 39 % associated with the vote to Roxas’ 23.5 percent and independent candidate Grace Poe in third with 21.4 percent.
The NCAA men’s baseball tournament is underway with the first round tipping off on Thursday evening at four locations around the world. And in Las Vegas, the sportsbooks are taking bets on every game that is single.
Crowds are packing in Las vegas, nevada sportsbooks for March Madness, and without a clear favorite, the NCAA tournament is shaping up to be a strong year for oddsmakers. (Image: Bizuayehu Tesfaye/Las Vegas Review-Journal)
An influx of bettors descend on the Mojave Desert each March in hopes of capitalizing off their bracket predictions, and this year casinos say they’re experiencing an increase in wagering thanks to the competition that is tight the most notable with no real clear-cut favorite to win the title.
Over the Strip, sportsbook directors are reporting higher than normal action that is betting.
‘It’s surely been the busiest out of the last three years,’ Frank Kunovic, the director of specialty games at Caesars Entertainment told the Las vegas, nevada Sun. ‘We’re sold away,’ he said referencing his sportsbook viewing parties. ‘In reality, everything’s sold away. It is been very, very busy.’
Entering the tournament, Duke ended up being a popular pick among sports bettors despite their No. 2 seed. The Westgate SuperBook put the Blue Devils at 5-1 to deliver coach Mike Krzyzewski his sixth NCAA Division we championship, but has since grew to 7-1.
Defending champion Villanova is the top seed that is overall but publications place them at around 8-1 to repeat. The Wildcats showed some holes within the half that is first No. 16 Mount St. Mary’s, but played nicely in the 2nd to win by 20.
North Carolina has emerged as the favourite at the Westgate, as bettors are taking the Tar Heels. They are had by the SuperBook at 5-1.
Kansas, another suspect that is usual a deep March Madness run, reaches 6-1. Gonzaga has odds of 9-1, followed by Kentucky and Arizona (10-1), and UCLA and Louisville (15-1).
With a slew of programs more than effective at lowering nets at the ultimate Four, Vegas sportsbooks see no signs of slowing while the action that is round-robin.
‘ The money’s spread out all over the spot,’ Stratosphere sportsbook director Ed Malinowski told ESPN.
The nucleus of the tournament is Las Vegas while the college basketball games are happening across the country, and the Final Four will be contested at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona.
Sports betting is limited to Nevada because of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) passed in 1992. Regardless of law, nearly $10.4 billion is wagered through offshore websites and underground bookies.
The legal action, however, is predominantly into the Silver State. Countless events are scheduled throughout the in Vegas, and sportsbooks and casino theaters have been made over to cater to basketball fans month.
Viewing parties, drink and food specials, and a host of entertainment are on tap with this weekend. But with an influx of visitors, some seats are coming at a price that is costly.
As an example, the ‘Hoops Mayhem’ special at Caesars Palace’s Vista Cocktail Lounge requires a $150 per person minimum for the club seat. a four-person table starts at $750.
For the more budget-conscious Las vegas visitor, Fremont is always the area to go. The El Cortez has $2 drinks and $2 hot dogs, plus admission that is free.
The Lucky Dragon Hotel & Casino in vegas is the first resort that is truly focused on the Asian visitor. And four months since the venue opened its doors, the marketing strategy is reportedly paying off.
From dim sum restaurants and game offerings like baccarat and pai gow, the Lucky Dragon’s marketing campaign to Asian visitors seems to be working. (Image: Lucky Dragon)
The Lucky Dragon recently announced modifications to its property that will generate more gaming space for VIP players. The 2nd floor’s very popular Pearl Ocean restaurant will change the Asian-themed meals court on the floor that is first. The footage that is square the second floor will become a VIP gaming lounge resembling those in Macau.
The resort is additionally implementing a ‘rolling chip’ program for VIP gamblers. Comparable to Macau, the loyalty rewards scheme will offer rollers that are high portion of their wagers straight back, regardless of whether they win or lose at the tables. The program requires a bankroll that is upfront of at minimum $10,000.
‘Our current VIP business has a need for the extra area. If we had expected that 6 months prior we could have changed that from the beginning, but that’s not a bad thing to have happen,’ fortunate Dragon VP of advertising Jordan Seager told the Las Vegas Sun.
With just 203 hotel spaces and a video gaming floor that covers lower than 30,000 square legs, the Lucky Dragon is relatively small compared to the Strip’s major players. But the newcomer that is latest to Vegas is causing quite a stir.
China has been cracking down on the VIP segment in Macau for the last two years. And even though revenue has stabilized within the Special Administrative Region where gambling is permitted, nearby Asian countries are attempting to become the destination that is new the high rollers.
Over 6,000 miles away, could the Dragon that is lucky also into the mix? The business says California and the Pacific Northwest is a hotbed for Asian cultures, and those residents are now coming to Las Vegas for its themed resort. But signs appear to suggest the casino is also pursuing China.
Hainan Airlines has begun its nonstop daily service from Beijing to McCarran International in hopes of bringing the middle class to Sin City. As well as Asian-focused video gaming with an abundance of baccarat and pai gow, the Lucky Dragon offers a spa, indoor-outdoor Cha Garden equipped with a tea sommelier, five Asian-inspired restaurants, and visitor service members fluent in a variety of Asian languages.
No, the Genting Group’s proposed $7 billion Resorts World property on the Strip isn’t petitioning donations online. Nevertheless the financials from Lucky Dragon may be reason enough for the company that is malaysian-based finally move forward aided by the project.
Resorts World is the theorized 6,583-room resort with a 175,000-square-foot video gaming floor. The Asian-themed concept has been delayed twelve months after another, as Genting has cited falling currency for the cause of the business’s decreased global investment energy.
The massive construction undertaking is likely to be scaled back once again, but Genting executives had been recently in Vegas seeking the blessing associated with city’s zoning commission to progress with the task. Genting is expected to discharge a new blueprint for the acreage in April.
Melco Crown Entertainment is getting a name modification and a complete rebranding.
The Asian casino giant will drop the ‘Crown’ from its English moniker and has proposed renaming itself ‘Melco Resorts & Entertainment,’ as the company, much like Mariah Carey, contemplates a life without James Packer.
James Packer’s Crown Resorts dramatically reduced its stake in Melco Crown last year, as it sought to reduce its investment exposure to China. (Image: BBC)
Packer and Crown selected to reduce investment visibility to Macau plus the Chinese market last 12 months by selling over $1 billion of its shares back once again to the business, dropping its stake from 34 percent to 11.2 per cent and ceding the controlling stake to Macau casino mogul Lawrence Ho.
Melco Crown was formed in 2005 as a venture that is joint Crown and Ho’s Melco International Development, to produce and operate committed destination casino resorts in Macau, such as the City of desires and, recently, Studio City.
But the arrest, in October, of 18 Crown Resorts staff in China on suspicion of promoting its casinos to VIPs that are chinese caused Crown to rethink its strategy in the area.
While three to four years back, Packer was intent on expanding throughout Asia, the arrests, also Beijing’s revenue-denting anti-corruption drive, has caused the Australian casino giant to refocus its aspirations on projects closer to home.
‘we are in a situation that is different … because of exactly what happened in Asia and we are waiting to observe that plays out before we resume traditional marketing in the region. We’re in a holding pattern,’ said Crown’s new CEO, John Alexander, during an earnings call last month.
Melco Crown, meanwhile, has stated it plans to unveil a totally new identity that is corporate the end of the season.
‘With Melco [International] and Lawrence taking majority shares now, many of us are thrilled and anticipating a new corporate entity unveiling this brand new chapter associated with the business and reflecting the new energy as well,’ Melco Crown’s senior vice president of corporate communications and advertising, Maggie Ma, told GGRAsia, although she added it still too soon to reveal any further details.
According to a filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission, Crown Resorts is eligible to payment if Melco were to wthhold the Crown name at its casinos.
Melco Crown is scheduled to keep an AGM myfreepokies.com at the City of Dreams property on March 29, of which shareholders is going to be asked to vote on the renaming proposal.
Playing with twisty puzzles is the best means of improving your dexterity and problem solving skills.